Maryborough Psychology & Health Clinic
NDIS Service Information
We provide capacity building therapeutic support services, behaviour change strategies and interventions across the lifespan. In addition, we can provide education, parent or carer support. A family-centred and practical skills-based approach is often used as a way of supporting and working with participants and their families and carers.
Our range of Assessments
Assessments can be administered for diagnostic purposes, to help understand severe behaviour, symptoms, reactions, or to determine cognitive or developmental levels and functional capacity.
If required, our assessments may involve:
- Neurological/cognitive testing
- Functional capacity assessments
- Observations within a participants own environment
- Standardised questionnaires
- Clinical interviews with parents and/or carers
- Communication with other professionals
Assessments can assist in identifying a participants needs, behaviours and functional capacities across a range of areas such as, cognition, education, social, emotional, coping and living skills. It can help to highlight the type of skills and intervention required..
Treatment and Therapeutic Support
Therapeutic support can involve short-term therapy/counselling, practical skills and psycho-education or can be long-term and intensive for more complex and concerning behaviours.
Interventions/Therapeutic Support can involve:
Capacity and skills building
- Setting small achievable and practical goals
- Developing behavioural support plans which outline a participant’s goals, expectations and intended outcomes.
- Implementing positive behavioural change strategies
- Aiming to reduce or stop concerning thoughts and/or behaviours.
- Training for parents and/or carers in behaviour change strategies
- Social skills training
- Coping and emotion regulation strategies
- Sensory strategies
- Providing recommendations and referring to other appropriate professional services.